There are still plenty of seats available for the Feast of Saint Sylvester to be held on Saturday, January 7, 2017 in Northeast Harbor, Maine. The deadline for reservations is coming up quickly so please visit the event website to download and print the reservation form. It is highly recommended that you send the Reservations Clerk, Master Godric of Hamtun, email at email@example.com to let him know that you have just mailed your payment.
We are one month away from the Feast of Saint Sylvester. Here are some important information updates for the event.
DEADLINES: Tuesday, December 27, 2016
The deadline for the Reservations Clerk to receive your payment (via postal mail service) to reserve your seat for the evening feast is Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
The deadline to register and declare your intent to enter the Baronial Arts & Sciences competition is also Tuesday, December 27, 2016. Please email your registration information to Lady Yzabel du Perche at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Meisterin Agatha Wanderer at email@example.com with the subject line A&S CHAMPIONS REGISTRATION
TALLY OF SEATS AVAILABLE FOR FEAST
Our Exchequer and Reservations Clerk, Master Godric of Hamtun would like to share the status of available seats for the delicious feast as of December 4, 2016.
We have 26 confirmed reservations and 10 more potential reservations (based on email correspondence indicating “the check in is the mail”). Right now we potentially have 36 of our 75 seats reserved.
Reservations for the feast are still being accepted. Please visit the event website for registration fees and the Reservation Clerk’s postal mailing address.
PREVIEW OF FEAST MENU
We have an early preview of the feast menu from Lady Lijsbet van Catwiic:
- Boiled-egg mice – egg, radish, carrot
- Breads with honey and honey butter
- Sliced raw vegetables – carrot, cucumber, radish
- Salad of Greens – assorted greens, leek, assorted herbs; separate dressing of olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper
- Hirchones – ground pork, ginger, mace, pepper, salt, pepper, almonds
- Snow with Pastry – cream, egg white, sugar, rosewater; flour, lard, salt; gluten free will be available
- Salad of Roots – carrots, parsnips, turnips, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper
- Roasted Chicken with Lumbard Mustard – chicken; mustard seed, honey, red wine, red wine vinegar
- Roast of Beef with Saracen Sauce – beef; rosehips, red wine, almond flour, cinnamon, mace, sugar, rice flour, pomegranate seeds
- Strawberry Tart – strawberries, sugar, red wine: flour, lard, salt
- Candied Horseradish – horseradish, sugar
- Spanish Candy – sugar syrup leftover from candied horseradish, dried rose petals, rosewater
ARTS & SCIENCES RESEARCH PAPER AID
Meisterin Agatha Wanderer has prepared an aid to help those writing research documentation as follows:
- as-research-rubric (pdf)
You may download and review the following score sheets (pdf)
- General Score Sheet (pdf)
- Cooking Score Sheet (pdf)
- Performance Score Sheet (pdf) (revised September 2016)
SOURCES OF INFORMATION TO MEET DIFFERENT NEEDS
- The official website for the event can be found on the Canton of Basingestoches website under Feast of Saint Sylvester. Information about the feast menu, day schedule, activities and other general details are presented on this event website.
- Specific information about the Baronial Arts & Sciences Championship is found through the Barony of Endewearde website under Barony of Endewearde Arts & Sciences Championship. Specifics about how who is eligible to enter, how entries are evaluated, score sheets, research aids, and any other information related to how the championship competition will be conducted are presented there.
- The East Kingdom Calendar event Feast of Saint Sylvester / A&S Championshipis an official SCA event announcement but contains an earlier and more concise summary of essential event details. It redirects the reader back to the event webpage on the Canton of Basingestoches website for expanded details.
- Both the Feast event webpage and the Arts & Sciences competition page cross link to one another as official event pages in the Barony of Endewearde. Both also contain a link to the unofficial facebook event page Feast of Saint Sylvester / A&S Championship which is publicly accessible to those who choose not to join facebook. You may find it useful to refer to the facebook event page for last minute updates.