The Incipient Canton of Basingestoches invites one and all to join us for a Feast on the day known as the Feast of Saint Sylvester, Saturday, January 2, 2016. The celebration will be 3:00 till the food is gone!. The venue is The Neighborhood House, 1 Kimball Road, Northeast Harbor, Maine 04662.
It is time once again to celebrate the passing of another year amongst friends with food, drink and games! Our site is a lovely Tudor style hall that will welcome you in and invite you to relax as you enjoy the games that will begin at 3:00 pm. Bring your favorite game or play some of the classics while the fireplace warms you.
At 4:00 pm there will be a Brewers round-table where new and experienced brewers are invited to bring their creations and of course their tasting glasses. The Cock and Bull Tavern will be open with light snacks and will provide a space for people to share their potables.
At 4:45 pm there will be a YOUTH CHALLENGE! We invite any under 21 to make a nonalcoholic cordial for a round-table discussion. A great family activity, this is to help future brewers learn how to discuss and panel a brew. After the round-table the cordials will be placed in the tavern for the populace to vote upon as well.
At 5:30 pm the feast will be served and any who wish to provide entertainment are encouraged to do so. Please contact the Event Steward if you wish to do so. For registration forms and more information please visit this official web page.
In case you have been wondering “What are they going to feed us at this thing?” Well wonder no longer! Here is the for-the-most-part finalized feast menu, with ingredients listed for those with allergies. If you have any questions please contact Lisjbet van Catwicc, head cook. She will be needing a few kitchen helpers and a few other volunteers for serving. If you are interested please get in contact with her at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marinated Cucumbers – vinegar, cucumbers, mint, garlic, salt, olive oil
- Fig and Raisin Puree spread – figs, raisins, wine, ginger, orange peel, salt, pepper
- Mishmishiya – pork, onions, coriander, cumin, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, salt, apricots, almonds, rosewater
- Prince Bisket – flour, sugar, eggs, anise, rosewater
- Carotia – carrots, olive oil, white wine, white wine vinegar, thyme, parsley
- Grete Pyes – beef, chicken, dates, raisins, currants, eggs, cloves, mace, cinnamon, turmeric, pepper, salt, pastry (lard, flour, salt)
- Blaunchyd Porray – leeks, milk, bread, almonds, salt
- Payne Foundewe – bread, wine, honey, raisins, sugar, egg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, coriander, sugar
- Gyngerbrede – honey, wheat bread, cinnamon, pepper, ginger, powdered sugar
- Sambocade – cream, elderflower, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, butter, sugar, cloves, mace, rosewater
- Pomme Dorryse – ground beef, eggs, salt, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, pepper, flour, turmeric
Feast of St. Sylvester Reservations
120 Hudson Road Bangor, Me 04401Make checks payable to SCA-Maine Inc, EndeweardeThe link to the downloadable pdf reservation form can be found through this dropbox link: https://goo.gl/IH3Jz1
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING GUEST MINORS
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) has a set of policies regarding Minors (children under the age of 18 years old) and their attendance at SCA events. If you are bringing a child for whom you are not the parent or legal guardian (i.e. neighbor’s child, grandchild, cousin, niece/nephew, etc.) then please read the summary of Guest Minor Guidelines below which explain the pre-planning and steps you must take in order to bring the proper documents along with you to each SCA event you plan to attend with the Guest Minor:
Event Steward: Marguerite Faucheresse
Deputy Event Steward: Lord Thomas de Marr’
Feastocrat: Lijsbet van Catwiic
Reservation Clerk: Master Godric of Hamtun
Reservation Form: Please download the feast reservation form, fill it out, print it, and send with your check to Master Godric of Hamtun (Raymond Sprague).
Make checks payable to: SCA-Maine Inc, Endewearde
Send Reservations to:
120 Hudson Road
Bangor Maine 04401
- From the Interstate 395 follow Rt 1A into Ellsworth.
- In Ellsworth go straight at the light by McDonalds to follow Rt 3 onto Mount Desert Island.
- At the head of the island take Rt 102 by going straight.
- In Somesville take a left at the traffic light next to Rt 3 and stay on that all the way into Northeast Harbor.
- In Northeast Harbor take Main Street to the end where the road forks.
- Neighborhood house sits right on the fork.
FOLLOW EVENT DISCUSSIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
View the Facebook event page Feast of Saint Sylvester
Read the East Kingdom announcement for this event
Permalink for this event through the Canton of Basingestoches website
Feast Hall image: provided by Lord Thomas de Marr’ (c) 2015