The Canton of Basingestoches asks for you to join us at our Feast of Saint Sylvester and Arts & Sciences Baronial Championship on Saturday, January 7, 2017 from 1:00 PM till the food is gone!
It is time once again to celebrate the passing of another year amongst friends with food, drink and games! Our site is a lovely Tudor style hall that will welcome you in and invite you to relax as you enjoy the games that will begin at 1:00 PM. Bring your favorite game or play some of the classics while the fireplace warms you. The Cock & Bull Tavern will be open with snacks and conversation when the site opens.
Arts & Sciences Competition
There will be the presentation and voting on the Endewearde Barionial Arts & Sciences Championship on the stage. All artisans are encouraged to enter their pieces including our busy brewers guild. Artistans are asked to set up their displays from 1:00-1:30 PM. Mistress Agatha Wanderer will be leading this activity for Endewearde.
Learn more about the format for Endewearde’s Premiere Arts & Sciences Championship Competition. Please note that the deadline to register for the Arts & Sciences Competition is December 27, 2016 which is the same deadline for which registration fees for the Saint Sylvester event must be received. Please follow the link above for in-depth information about the Arts & Sciences competition and how to register for the competition.
At 4:00 PM there will be a YOUTH CHALLENGE! We invite any under 21 to make a nonalcoholic cordial for a round-table discussion. A great family activity, this is to help future brewers learn how to discuss and panel a brew. After the round-table the cordials will be placed in the tavern for the populace to vote upon as well.
Feast and Entertainment
At 5:30 PM the feast will be served and any who wish to provide entertainment are encouraged to do so. Please contact the Event Steward if you wish to do so. For registration forms and more information please visit our official web page
Herein may be found the menu for the Feast of Saint Sylvester and list of ingredients for each course served.
- Boiled-egg mice – egg, radish, carrot
- Breads with honey and honey butter
- Sliced raw vegetables – carrot, cucumber, radish
- Salad of Greens – assorted greens, leek, assorted herbs; separate dressing of olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper
- Hirchones – ground pork, ginger, mace, pepper, salt, pepper, almonds
- Snow with Pastry – cream, egg white, sugar, rosewater; flour, lard, salt; gluten free will be available
- Salad of Roots – carrots, parsnips, turnips, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper
- Roasted Chicken with Lumbard Mustard – chicken; mustard seed, honey, red wine, red wine vinegar
- Roast of Beef with Saracen Sauce – beef; rosehips, red wine, almond flour, cinnamon, mace, sugar, rice flour, pomegranate seeds
- Strawberry Tart – strawberries, sugar, red wine: flour, lard, salt
- Candied Horseradish – horseradish, sugar
- Spanish Candy – sugar syrup leftover from candied horseradish, dried rose petals, rosewater
Any questions regarding the feast menu should be addressed to Lady Lijsbet van Catwiic.
Registration fees are $20 adults, $8 children (6-17) 5 and under are free, please let us know on the registration. $5 member discount does apply. Feast reservations will be accepted November 1st through December 27, 2016.
Please fill out the registration form and mail it with payment to:
Feast of St. Sylvester Reservations
120 Hudson Road Bangor, Me 04401
Make checks payable to SCA-Maine Inc, Endewearde
The preregistration-feast-of-saint-sylvester-2017 form (pdf) may be downloaded, printed and sent to the Barony of Endewearde’s Exchequer, Master Godric of Hamtun.
***Feast reservations are capped at a 75 person limit for this venue.*** Whether you are interested in signing up just for the evening feast or you plan to enter the Baronial Arts & Sciences competition and enjoy the feast, please submit your reservations to Master Godric of Hamtun.
Feast Reservation Update
Our Exchequer and Reservations Clerk, Master Godric of Hamtun would like to share the status of available seats for this delicious feast as of December 21, 2016.
Currently we have 48 people preregistered for the feast of St Sylvester. There are 27 seats left.
Reservations for the feast are still being accepted by postal mail until Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
If you are planning to bring a Youth Minor (under the age of 18) to a Society for Creative Anachronism event for whom you are not their parent or legal guardian, then you must obtain the proper forms and signatures. This pplicy applies to relatives of the guest minor as well (siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins).
You can read Endewearde’s FAQ for Guest Minors so you can plan to obtain the necessary forms, signatures and notary public services before the youth guest minor accompanies you to an event.
The venue is The Neighborhood House, 1 Kimball Road, Northeast Harbor, Maine 04662.
- From the Interstate 395 follow Rt 1A into Ellsworth.
- In Ellsworth go straight at the light by McDonalds to follow Rt 3 onto Mount Desert Island.
- At the head of the island take Rt 102 by going straight.
- In Somesville take a left at the traffic light next to Rt 3 and stay on that all the way into Northeast Harbor.
- In Northeast Harbor take Main Street to the end where the road forks.
- Neighborhood house sits right on the fork.
Google maps doesn’t have the correct location so these directions are important.
Autocrat / Event Steward– Tan’ia Ozerovskia firstname.lastname@example.org
Feastocrat– Lijsbet van Catwiic email@example.com
Deputy Event Steward– Lord Thomas de Marr’ firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us On Social Media
A facebook event page Feast of Saint Sylvester / A&S Championship has been created where you may ask questions and keep up with the latest information about this event.
Feast Hall image: provided by Lord Thomas de Marr’ (c) 2016